Next SWANA Ontario YP Event – May 2018
Who are the SWANA Young Professionals?
We are a group of individuals who represent the future of the solid waste industry. We are eager to offer advice, brainstorm ideas, develop solutions, and share in the struggles and triumphs of working in this business. We are energetic, motivated and focused on helping each other succeed.
What are the benefits?
The YP Group is a resource to help you advance professionally in the solid waste industry. By joining the YP Group, you will benefi t from:
- Valuable networking opportunities at events, conferences and online.
- Webinars to help you navigate the challenges of the solid waste industry.
- Useful information and tools to help you succeed in your career.
- Opportunities to voice your opinion about the future of SWANA.
To learn more about SWANA YPs and how you can help, click here!
Are there any stipulations or requirements to join the group? You must be 35 years or younger.
The Ontario Chapter Young Professional Group:
Recruitment, development and involvement of Young Professionals (YPs) are critical to the future of SWANA. That’s why SWANA developed a Regional Representative Initiative to foster YP participation at the local level through a team of regional reps and chapter liaisons. Ontario has its own chapter with YP liaisons. These liaisons are currently working in the solid waste industry and who want to grow and connect with other Young Professionals in the Solid Waste Industry.
Ontario Chapter YP Director: Nick Stocki
Please contact the Ontario Chapter office if you have questions or are looking to get involved by emailing email@example.com
Ontario Chapter Young Professional Goals and Objectives:
- Connect YPs with relevant and useful information that will help them develop a career as a waste professional.
- Develop a number of platforms to share information and updates and industry related news with other YPs.
- Provide networking opportunities in the global waste management field.
- Increase SWANA membership and help support succession planning with the Ontario SWANA Chapter.